Why is the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ionic Flat Iron straightener at the top of this list? What makes it special?
A lot of things.
Its swivel cord design gives you the freedom, flexibility, and versatility needed to get the job done; while at the same time preventing your power cord from getting tangled or damaged.
Any lady will appreciate a flat iron that’s well-designed, safe to use, efficient, and gentle to their hair. If that’s what you are looking for, this hair straightener is exactly what you need.
It comes with an awesome, streamlined design that’s not only easy to hold but also very comfortable to use.
Also, you can get this flat iron in two different plate sizes; 1-1/4″ and 1-3/4″.
And thanks to its Ceramic Heater, you can count on it for almost-instant heating and recovery.
This comes with ultra-smooth Titanium plates that are not only corrosion-resistant but also can handle ultra-high temperatures for a silk press easily.
This Nano Titanium-Plated Ionic hair straightener comes with extra-long plates that not only improve its efficiency but also make it 40% faster than standard flat irons.
This means that you’ll be able to straighten your hair faster and better than what you’d get from other flat irons.
Lastly, if you are worried about getting burnt or your tool becoming uncomfortably hot, don’t be.
Unfortunately:As good as this flat iron sounds, it has setbacks too. One of its biggest ones being durability. Many users have reported their BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ionic hair straightener breaking down sooner than expected.
Because its housing is made of Ryton plastic polymer; synonymous with being impressively heat-resistant. That way you’ll enjoy a comfortable hair straightening and styling experience regardless of how long you use this tool.
- Heat resistant housing
- Fast and efficient Titanium heating plates
- Fast Ceramic heater
- Multiples plate size options
- Impressive design
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Up to 450F in heating (ideal for thick, coarse hair)
I have super thick and long hair, so for me, this straightner isn't the best. I have to go over each chunk of hair at least 3 - 5 times which is killing my hair. Even after all of that, my hair still isn't fully straight, including my bangs. I think for someone with thin or short hair this straightner would be fine, but for someone with hair like mine, it's just unhealthy for your hair. Would not repurchase.
- Doesn’t have a good reputation when it comes to durability
Despite its lifespan issues, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ionic hair straightener is a great, reliable tool to have.
It’s easy to use and will help straighten your hair quickly when in a hurry.
So, go for it.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Vented
If you’ve been searching for a hair straightener with better heat dissipation, the BaBylissPRO BNT4093TUC Nano Titanium Vented Ionic Flat Iron is exactly what you should get.Check price on Amazon
I love this flatiron, although all I have to compare to is a Rusk and Conair one. I only paid $50 for this at the salon and it works great. The Rusk one was $100 and I dont find any difference really. I wouldnt buy this again though, because I find it can pull my hair, and is already not working as well as it used to (about 6-8 months old). My friend had one for a year and it just kind of died on her and doesnt work hardly at all. Next time I think I will get a Solia or a CHI but until then, this is working great!
Features and functionalities
9.3 / 10
Usability and handling
8.7 / 10
I borrowed this from my sister, while I am waiting for my Solia to arrive via shipping, and I must say that this is the worst flat iron I have ever used (this includes conair/cheap flat irons from wal-mart). The flat iron does not get hot enough to straighten my medium texture thick hair. I have to pass it over my hair more then twice (which is not healthy at all) and I used a heat protectant and let it dry before straightening , it took too long to actually straighten all my hair and I gave up heat after a while. In the end my hair looked like a poofy frizzy mess. This product is seriously over priced for what it delievers, which is crappy results. I would only suggest this if you have slightly wavy or striaght hair, but then again it would make more sense to just buy a cheap one from sally's or walmart since they will give a better and smoother result.
As its name (“Vented”) suggests, the BaBylissPRO BNT4093TUC Nano Titanium Vented Ionic Flat Iron is designed with proper heat dissipation in mind.
Well, unlike most hair straighteners, this tool comes with vents that allow it to expel excess heat during use; hence, protecting your hair from damage and allowing you to get a smooth, shiny finish every time.
Sounds great, right?
Due to its 1-1/2”-wide, extra-long Titanium plates and a 450F maximum heating temperature, you can easily straighten wider sections of hair at a time.
And this means you can quickly and efficiently work on your hair to create suave, glossy strands and awesome curls.
The best part about this flat iron is that it works on all kinds of hair; thin or thick, damp or dry.
You can use it for Keratin Hair Treatments easily.
Now, any downsides?Well, the biggest setback about the BaBylissPRO BNT4093TUC Nano Titanium Vented Ionic Flat Iron is that it only comes in one plate size (1-1/2”); and can be a bit limiting for some.
- Vented for better heat dissipation
- Heat resistant Ryton housing
- Ideal for professional use
- Great for Keratin Hair Treatment processes
- Durable Titanium heating plates
- Extra-wide, extra-long plates for improved straightening speed and efficiency
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Up to 450F max heating temp
- Available in only one plate size
- A bit pricey
Babyliss Pro Flat Iron Reviews
Aside from being a bit expensive and limiting in terms of plate sizes, the BaBylissPRO BNT4093TUC Nano Titanium Vented Ionic Flat Iron is definitely worth having; especially, if you’re looking for a reliable professional straightener for use in a hair salon. I LOVE this straightener it's the best flat iron to make wave. I have very thick, curly hair and after 20 minutes of using the straightener it is transformed into a glossy, straight miracle. I have used many other straighteners that took hours to use AND my hair would frizz up after I went outside into the humidity.
If budget is not an issue, the likes of ghd V Gold would be the ultimate hair straightener option. But to the majority, there is a limit to the price we are willing to pay for beauty. In this case, BaByliss Pro might be the right option.
That doesn't happen with this one, it can even rain a bit on my hair and it will still look great. I do use the highest heat setting, perhaps this is why. Also, if you want to curl the ends of your hair after you've straightened it, do not run the straightener all the way to your tips. Leave an inch or so and then curl that afterwards, otherwise the curl will not stay. The one thing bad about this straightener is that sometimes a hair will get caught in it and rip, so be careful. Otherwise, it is fantastic and remember to use lots of heat defense styling cream.
Babyliss Flat Iron Features
While unlike such product as HSI Professional where the plate width is explicitly stated, the exact width of the ceramic plates on BaByliss Pro is not stated (at least to the best of my knowledge). However, feedbacks from owners who own this model seem to indicate that they are not very thick, making creating flatiron curls with it very possible.
- Heat conduction come from plates made of high resistance nano titanium plates.
- The Babyliss pro flat iron has LED settings of up to a temperature of 450°.
- Negative ions are emitted by a digitalized ionic technology for hair shine and smoothness.
- Ultra lightweight and ultra slim which makes it easy and comfortable to use when styling the hair.
- Stable temperatures are maintained by the above mentioned plates for even and uniform heat distribution.
- Excellent for use in the application and/or maintenance of Keratin hair treatments at a rate that is 40% faster.
- With a swivel, flexible power cord which is also quite convenient.
- With 5-inch plates to enable straightening of large sections of hair.
- Comes with a limited, four year warranty.
- Emits heat at a far infrared level for fast yet gentle hair straightening.
- No pulling of hair because of its gliding action.
- A tool that not only straightens hair but also curls it so you don’t need to buy a separate tool for curling hair.
Pros and Cons
- Maintains consistently high temperatures while in use to straighten hair faster.
- Hair straightening time is cut down by as much as 40%.
- Plates are extra long for ease in straightening wide hair sections up to hair the roots.
- Hair is not snagged, ripped out or tugged when the product is in use because of the titanium surface of its plates.
- Faster straightening time because hair is run through the product only once.
- Results are long lasting.
- The nano titanium by Babyliss pro flat iron has plates that provide the smoothest surface for heat conduction.
- Will neither “fry” nor burn fine or thin hair.
- Less heat exposure because of efficiency translates to reduced potential for hair damage.
- Particularly effective for thick, unruly, curly, coarse, and other hair types that are difficult to straighten.
- Adjustable heat control to ensure that only the necessary heat is applied.
What customers love about
Most of the reviews for this product are very positive, comparing it to top-name brands in performance quality. The high maximum heating setting is definitely another plus, as many other hair straighteners top out at closer to 400°F (instead of this product’s 450°F).
The design of the Pro Porcelain Plate Ceramic Flat Iron is sleek and simple and will probably appeal to anyone looking for a nondescript hair straightener.
Where it fails to wow
Although the official product description does not seem to make a statement either way, owners who have given their honest hair straightener reviews confirm that this flatiron does not feature an “auto-shutoff” function.
Other common complaints that are notably present in a number of hair straightener reviews include the turn-dial heat adjustment settings were easily knocked during use. This Babyliss Pro nano titanium straightener makes it frustratingly difficult to keep the hair straightener at the same temperature throughout styling.
Even though finding hair straighteners with swivel cords is becoming more of the industry standard, this feature of this flatiron is still definitely very much appreciated.
In addition, the absence of dual-floating plates leave something to be desired.
For those who intend to frequently take their flat iron tools on their International travel would want to consider other alternatives as this BaByliss Pro flat iron does not come with dual voltage support. Conair Instant Heat is one good alternative if you are looking for the best hair straightener for those who often land themselves in different parts of the world.
Overall, the BaByliss Pro Porcelain Plate Ceramic Flat Iron appears to be about what might be expected by its price tag.